Since 1996, Ferrovac magnetically driven wobblestick manipulators define the benchmark for delicate and precise manipulations in ultra high vacuum systems.
Due to the principle of magnetic force coupling, the motion of the shaft is not affected by the difference between atmospheric pressure and ultra high vacuum. The operator can guide the shaft of the wobblestick nearly force-free in a smooth and controlled way.
Magnetic coupling also minimizes the risk for leaks and ensure longer lifetimes compared to conventional wobble sticks employed with long bellows stacks for linear motion.
Magnetically driven wobblestick manipulators always allow for continuous rotation of the shaft.
- • Standard stroke range: 100-300mm in 50mm increments
- • Customized strokes up to 700mm
- • +-20° angular deflection (note: WA-models +-28°)
- • High coupling force, linear: 30N, torque 0.5Nm (note: HT-models 60N/1Nm)
- • Bakeout temperature up to 200°C including magnet
- • Pressure range 1E-11 to 1000 mbar (hPa)
- • Low outgassing during movement